Kemerovo State Medical University

Kemerovo State Medical University was found in 1955 based on the order of the RSFSR Ministry of Health in
November 14, 1955. The opening of the medical institution was necessary for training doctors and
medical personnel and healthcare development in the industry of Kuznetsk the region, in 50-ies of XX century.
In 1995, medical school was transformed into the educational institution of higher education - the Kemerovo State Medical Academy (KemGMA).
The rst rector (1955-1960) Honored Doctor of the RSFSR, a veteran of World War II, experienced surgeon, Professor Stepan Vasilevich Belyaev. His professional qualities, brilliant organizational skills and authority contributed to the dynamic development of the institution.
In 1958 he opened a dental department, in 1963 - hygienic. Paediatrics (1967), Pharmacy (1979), postgraduate training (1996), Higher Nursing Education (2000), economics and management of public health services (2005).
Central Research Laboratory was established in1987. In1997 KemGMA formed editorial and publishing department.
In 2000, Academy organized Centre of Pre-University Education. In 2009 university received a certicate of national accreditation and a license to conduct educational activities in programs of higher education: general medicine, paediatrics, medical and prophylactic business, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, economics and management.